Here are the highlights from the June 12th construction progress meeting (meeting number 50!) detailing contractor activities that are underway for the GGB addition project.
* The curtain wall systems are complete.
* Interior aluminum and glass is complete.
* The terrazzo flooring is complete.
* Carpet is being installed in the galleria and the ULV chambers.
* Exterior concrete is missing only a few sections and it will be complete by June 26th.
* The asphalt wearing course has been laid on the west side. The east side will be done this week.
* Landscaping is underway. A few trees and rose bushes have been planted. The irrigation system is underway.
* The stainless steel bridge guardrail has been installed.
* Final inspection for the elevators is June 19th.
* All equipment in the building have gone through their start up and now are being functionally tested.
* Telephone and data wiring is ongoing.
* Acoustic fabric panels are being installed in the galleria.
* Room number signs will be installed during the weeks of June 16th and 23rd.
* Furniture will begin installation on June 16th.
* The fire alarm system is being tested. The final acceptance test is June 23rd.
* The State Fire Marshal will conduct his final inspection on June 19th.
* Occupant move in is slated to begin on June 27th and will continue through August.
Make sure to check the CoE FMO web site at www.engin.umich.edu/facilities for updated photos of the construction.