Here are the highlights from the April 17th construction progress meeting detailing contractor activities that are underway for the GGB addition project.
* terrazzo flooring on the 1st and 2nd floors
* completing the natural gas enclosure outside the east entrance to Dow (this entrance is closed until this work is complete)
* installing solid surface counter tops in the 3rd level GGB offices
* commissioning of the mechanical systems
* painting in the penthouse
* detailing the steel handrails in stairs 1 & 2
* install drywall at the ceiling at the west end of the 1st floor atrium
* continue to install the decorative glass on the 2nd and 3rd levels
* install interior metal panels on the 3rd floor
* install wood grill ceilings on the 3rd floor
* install linoleum sheet vinyl on the 3rd floor at the east side of the connector to GGB
* continue to install mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP) for the ULV chambers
* begin installation of the cooling panels in the ULV chambers
* continue to pull wire and installing devices for the fire alarm system
* complete toilet fixture installation in the 3rd level toilet rooms
* install toilet room partitions for the toilet rooms
* install solid surface counter tops on the 2nd and 3rd floors in the perimeter offices
The current substantial completion date has been moved to June 26. Furniture will be installed during late May and early June. Move in of the occupants will occur after June 26 and July.
Make sure to check the CoE FMO web site at www.engin.umich.edu/facilities for updated photos of the construction.