Here are the highlights from the March 27th construction progress meeting detailing contractor activities that are underway for the GGB addition project.
* continue finish paint
* continue installing door frames and doors
* continue lab case work and Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing (MEP) connections
* continue install of ULV chambers
* install lighting in the Galleria
* complete balance of the cove base
* begin cleaning of all surfaces
* finish paint soffits at Galleria
* continue install of glass handrails
* prep floors and continue terrazzo flooring
* install vanity countertops
* continue M/E/P finishes
* continue installing lab casework and MEP connections
* install devices and cover plates
* finish paint Galleria
* finish painting continues in labs
* M/E/P work continues
* begin terrazzo flooring
* continue to install lighting and devices
* continue to prep and install terrazzo flooring (90% complete)
* installing casework on the west side
* start and check equipment
* continue mechanical piping to units
* field measured for panels at E and W canopy entrances. They will be shipped on April 21st.
* develop sequence to complete the site work
The current substantial completion date has been established as June 4th. Furniture will be install during May. Move in of the occupants will occur in June and July.
Make sure to check the CoE FMO web site at www.engin.umich.edu/facilities for updated photos of the construction.